Lost & Found Info & HotlineWhat should you do if you find a lost pet or you have lost your own pet?
For Pets Lost or Found During Business Hours
- If you have lost or found a pet during business hours and you live in Santa Barbara County, please call County Animal Services at 805-681-5285.
- For a listing of all local shelters, go to Santa Barbara County Animal Services.
- If you live in the City of Santa Barbara, please call City Animal Control at 963-1513. These offices are open Monday through Friday 9:00 am- 4:45 pm and Saturday 10:00 am- 4:00 pm. If no one is currently available to assist you, you will get a message machine during normal business hours. Someone will return your call, take your information, and advise you as to what you should do next.
For Pets Lost or Found After Business Hours
- If you have lost or found a pet after business hours (or on a holiday) please call the Santa Barbara Humane Society sponsored Lost and Found Pet Hotline at 805-564-6862.
- First you will hear some recorded information, then your call will be answered by a person who will take a report and forward it to County Animal Services.
- The county receives lost and found reports on the next business day and uses the information to match reported lost animals with animals that have been found.
Additional information for pet owners who have lost their pets:
- If your phone call does not bring immediate results, we recommend that you go in person (during business hours) to the County Animal Shelter to look for your pet.
- The County Shelter is located adjacent to the Santa Barbara Humane Society at 5473 Overpass Road.
- Every effort is being made to find your lost pet, but no one else can identify your pet as quickly as you can!