Basic Manners ClassesWork with our trainers to teach your dog the basics!
Basic Manners Classes
Does your dog ignore you? Get a little crazy when guests visit? Jump up on people, steal things off the counter or excavate the garbage? This must do class for you and your dog covers the basics and then some. You’ll learn how to prevent common problems and train the behaviors you like. Learn skills that will enhance your relationship while setting you and your dog up for a lifetime of success and desirable behavior. Your dog will develop a strong foundation of skills that can be utilized in a variety of real life situations, including at home manners, out and about adventures, and even those unexpected “surprise” situations.
Before participants attend Basic Manners Class, they must attend a mandatory orientation.
Orientation is free of charge, while your payment covers 5 “modules” that can be taken in any order. Our dog-free orientations are free of charge and required before you attend any class or social. Orientation covers basic requirements, class rules, room layout, training philosophy, how dogs learn, canine body language, and equipment.
The next orientation will be held on:
Saturday, September 7 at 3:30 PM
Saturday, September 21 at 3:30 PM
Saturday, October 5 at 3:30 PM
Saturday, October 20 at 3:30 PM
5 Classes (recent SBHS adopter)
5 Classes (recent adopter of dog who was at SBHS >1 year)
Basic Manners classes are taught in an open enrollment format to allow for maximum flexibility. . After attending an orientation, you are free to start at any time and move along at your own pace. Students have 8 weeks to complete the five different modules.
No more waiting weeks for a class start date! You can now start right away. You can miss up to 3 weeks in the 5 week timeframe and make up the missed class when that weeks curriculum comes up again. Take advantage of the new system right away – it’s never been easier to train your dog!
Basic Manners classes will be held on Saturdays at 9:30 AM
THERE WILL BE NO CLASS HELD ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 17
What to Bring
- Dogs must wear a flat collar or harness.(Dogs may not wear choke-chains, prong or electronic collars.)
- A six-foot, non-retractable leash
- Necessary vaccination records
- A hungry, but not famished dog.
- Treats: A variety of your dogs favorite treats, cut into very small pea size pieces, that you can carry in a treat pouch or other suitable container that allows easy access when you are seated, standing or walking. Please bring 3 different types, each in their own container.
- Treat pouch that you can wear, which is easy to put your hand in and doesn’t make noise when you grab a treat.
- A mat, bed, or non-slip pad for dogs to sit on.
Dog Training Registration
Dog Training Waiver
About the Trainer
Ailigh Vanderbush has been training dogs, and a host of other species, for 20 years. She is a Certified Fear Free Trainer and a Mentor Trainer through ABC and Catch Academy. Ailigh has also worked as a behavior consultant for dogs, cats, parrots and ferrets since 1999.