Membership Sign UpJoin us by becoming a Member of the Santa Barbara Humane Society and get perks for your pets
The Santa Barbara Humane Society is a local, non-profit, charitable organization. All contributions, including membership, help support our effort to improve the lives of companion animals in our community. We are not part of any larger organization, including the Humane Society of the United States. We also do not receive any public or tax funds. We receive some income for our services but keep our service charges as low as possible and are therefore supported almost entirely by memberships and contributions.
In addition to the regular services available to the public, the Santa Barbara Humane Society offers the following services for members at a reduced price:
- Dog & cat boarding
- Flea and Tick medications
The following services are available for members only:
- Dog obedience classes
- Vaccinations for dogs and cats
- Summer Critter Camp for fourth through sixth grade students
Members also receive at no cost :
- Announcements regarding special events
- Annual Report and occasional news letters
Choose from several different membership categories depending on the level of support you wish to provide to the Santa Barbara Humane Society. Here are ways your contribution through membership will provide help for our four-legged population.
- Basic Annual Membership fee of $25 per year helps us to cover some of the cost of membership benefits.
- Supporter Annual Members contribute $50 or more per year to help support the cost of membership benefits.
- Patron Annual Member donations of $100 or more pay for membership benefits and helps provide food and medical care for the adoption animals. Patron members are recognized each year in the Santa Barbara Humane Society Annual Report.
- Business/Professional memberships allow business to support the Santa Barbara Humane Society for a donation of $100.00 or more per year. Business memberships for the year are listed in the Annual Report.
- Life Members have made at least one donation of $1,000 or more and will be life members, recognized in the Annual Report, for the remainder of their lives. Life members significantly contribute to the care of the adoption animals and make it possible for us to attend and host special events to promote adoptions.
- Benefactors make a donation of $5,000 or more and are listed in the Annual Report for the year in which they made the gift. With the help of our Benefactors we are able to provide our employees specialized training in progressive sheltering practices as well as undertake needed repairs and improvements to our facility.
- Golden Circle contributors give gifts of $10,000 or more, which help us purchase emergency response vehicles and train staff and volunteers to help pet owners in our community when emergencies arise. They also help us to upgrade computer hardware and software systems to keep pace with changes in technology. Golden Circle members are listed in the annual report for the year in which they made their gift.
Thank you for supporting us!