Fee ScheduleAll our reasonable fees for adoptions and services at a glance
Fee Schedule – Contents
- Adoption Fees
- Spay/Neuter Fees
- Vaccination Fees
- Microchip Fees
- Boarding Fees
- Other Services
Adoption fee includes spay/neuter surgery, health exam, vaccinations, microchip with registration, temperament evaluation, worming for puppies, background/personality profile, starter packet of food & dog care booklet.
Adoption fee includes spay/neuter surgery, health exam, vaccinations, feline leukemia test, microchip with registration, temperament evaluation, worming for kittens, background/personality profile, cat carrier, starter packet of food & cat care booklet.
|Seniors for Seniors:||$25.00
This program is for Seniors 60 years of age or more who adopt a dog or cat who is at least 7 years old. Adoption fee includes all the services and supplies of a regular adoption PLUS a one-year membership with all member benefits with the Santa Barbara Humane Society.
**Additional charges apply if pregnant or in heat**
All the charges listed above also include an anti-lick collar.
All clinic visits are by appointment only! Call (805) 964-4777 x20 for appointments.
The SBHS Spay/Neuter Clinic is unable to perform procedures on the following animals:
- ANY dog or cat under 4 months of age
- ANY dog or cat deemed by the surgeon to be at high anesthetic risk, including all brachycephalic breeds (i.e. Bulldogs, Boston Terriers, Pugs, Persian cats, etc)
- ANY dog or cat deemed by the surgeon to present an unusually high risk for surgical or medical complications, including hairless breeds (i.e. American hairless, Chinese chested, Sphinx cats).
- ANY dog or cat deemed by the surgeon to be emaciated or obese
- ANY dog or cat deemed by the surgeon to present an unreasonable risk for bodily harm to the surgeon or staff
- ANY dog or cat over 5 years of age
- ANY dog or cat deemed by the surgeon to be unsuitable for surgery due to any reason not listed above.
Abandoning your animal is against the law. If you do not pick up your animal or make alternate arrangements for having your animal picked up, the Santa Barbara Humane Society has the right to surrender your pet to the Santa Barbara County Animal Services Shelter at 5473 Overpass Road, Santa Barbara, CA. To relinquish your animal, you will be held responsible for any and all costs including impoundment charges.
If you abandon your animal and County Animal Services is unable to hold your animal, the Santa Barbara Humane Society will charge $50.00 for any animal left overnight prior to releasing the animal to you.
Vaccination and Deworming Fees*
|Distemper-Parvo (1 year):||$15.00|
|Distemper-Parvo (3 year):||$30.00
for dogs 1 year of age and older
|Bordetella (Kennel Cough):||$12.50|
|FVRCP (1 year):||$15.00|
|FVRCP (3 year):||$30.00
for cats 1 year of age and older
All cats must be tested for Leukemia prior to beginning Leukemia vaccination series.
|Deworming for roundworms and hookworms for Kittens & Puppies|
|(6 months of age and younger):||$5.00 per dose
Two doses recommended at 2 to 3 weeks apart
* Vaccinations and deworming are available to SBHS members’ pets.
Please call to make an appointment between 10:00 to 12:00 and 2:00 to 4:00 Monday – Friday
* Appointment required – (805) 964-4777
$14.00/day with exercise yard
|All dogs must have the following vaccinations prior to entering boarding:
Extra feedings or special instructions add $1.00 daily.
|All cats must have the following vaccinations prior to entering boarding:
* Pet Boarding for SBHS members’ pets. Reservations required – (805) 964-4777
Other Services Offered to the Public
|Pet Cremations:||$85.00 to $135.00|